TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - These gauges are more accurate / consistent than you think.
People Seeking Info

Subject These gauges are more accurate / consistent than you think.

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on October 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 292 times.

In Reply To Better off buying one for serial testing of engine posted by ZXoltan on October 26, 2014 at 09:01 AM

Message I recognize your concern but thanks to the graciousness of Seb at SpecialtyZ I was able to do a back-to-back comparison between my Actron and his Snap-on fuel pressure gauges and they were spot on the same, both steady state and transiently. And that's after some rather extreme handling of my fuel pressure gauge as you might notice in some of my other VTC related videos.

YouTube Actron versus Snap-on Fuel pressure gauge comparison

What this tells me is a compression test using two independent gauges of good working order will yield consistent and accurate steady state results. There might be a little less precision using two different gauges in a leak down test but likely not discernible.

Reliability, or how long these gauges can be expected perform in good working order I have no idea. Bernie seems to imply these gauges can remain in good working order for over 10 years. I believe most gauges used by folks on this forum are much less than 10 years old such that comparing independent gauge compression test results are valid.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.